Easter is the perfect time to celebrate the spring season with warmer weather and longer days, welcoming new beginnings.
But are you struggling to think of more fun easter activities at home than the traditional Easter egg hunt this year?
With Easter right around the corner, now is the time to get creative in your homes and make it a happy celebration. From sweet, flavourful bakes to handmade decorations for your living space, we have got you covered with some fun Easter activities at home!
If you find yourself with leftover Easter eggs, then why not turn them into something even more delicious.
Baking can be a form of mindfulness to relax, with its therapeutic value helping to improve people’s mental health and well-being. Baking helps stimulate senses and is something many of our tenants enjoy, helping them express themselves and their independence in their own home.
These Easter egg brownies are a fun and simple recipe to make. What’s not to like!
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 5 Cadbury crème eggs
- 150g mini eggs
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until melted
- Heat oven to 180C/ 160 fan/ gas 4
- Grease a 20cm square tin with butter and line with baking paper
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar for 5-8 mins until thick and creamy and doubled in size
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the egg mixture, then fold together
- Sieve flour and cocoa into wet ingredients and fold till combined
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 20 mins
- Cut crème eggs in half then push them into the brownie, and scatter over half the mini eggs (some crushed and some whole)
- Bake for another 5 mins, top with the remaining mini eggs
- Leave for 1hr in the fridge before removing from tin
For more detail, read the recipe here.
The NHS also provide ‘Cook and Eat’ easy read books to help people with learning disabilities cook and bake more, as seen here. The recipes have step-by-step instructions with pictures of the ingredients, utensils and timings so that each step can be focused on and the individual does not get overwhelmed.
Handmade Easter wreath
Decorate your front door or dress up your table display with a centrepiece using a handmade Easter wreath. You could use real spring flowers, but if you want it to be long-lasting and reused every year, follow along with this one:
- Cut 1/4 inch and 3/8-inch strips of colourful tissue paper
- Use glue stick to attach thinner strips to smaller Styrofoam eggs and thicker strips to larger eggs
- Wrap tissue paper around egg lengthwise then apply second strip horizontally
- Continue attaching until the egg is completely covered
- Arrange faux leaves and eggs around wreath and hot glue into place
For more designs, click here.
Handmade Easter bouquet
Spring is the season where plants start to blossom in time for summer, so why not bring the outside in with a beautiful flower arrangement to brighten up your home.
Choose from a range of colourful spring flowers like hyacinths, tulips, daffodils, and the symbolic white Easter lily. If you have any left-over Easter decorations, add them to your bouquet to brighten it up even more, or jazz up your vase with some paints.
Supporting our tenants
At Zetetick we provide quality housing for supported living to people living with a disability. Living in a home offers our tenants a sense of belonging, with which they have the freedom and independence to spend their time doing what they love.
Our values represent what Zetetick wish to achieve.
Carers or family members can help people with learning disabilities to bake or work together on a craft project, which will create a sense of individual and group achievement, improving the individuals self-esteem and confidence. It is important that people with learning disabilities are not held back in society, but can enjoy lives that are fulfilling.
Have a happy Easter!
So whatever way you choose to celebrate Easter, finding creative Easter activities at home that you enjoy will help to brighten up your home and improve your well-being, so why not give it a try!