Social media volunteers wanted to help Zetetick Housing charity #bringthemhomes
Could you use your social media skills to help raise awareness of Zetetick Housing’s work providing homes to vulnerable adults? By becoming one of our social media volunteers and volunteering your time you can help us to build our profile and reach a wider audience.
About Zetetick Housing
Zetetick is a unique housing charity specialising in providing supported living homes to vulnerable adults with learning difficulties, disabilities, autism, and mental health problems. We source high quality properties that are tailored to our tenants’ needs and support people to sustain their tenancies. This enables our tenants to lead independent and fulfilling lives and become valued members of their community.
We are looking for social media volunteers to help support our social media programme from our Lewes office in East Sussex.
What you’ll be doing as one of our social media volunteers
- Producing fresh and engaging content for our social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Writing copy on a range of topics for website articles
- Contributing creative ideas to the team for social media strategy and content
- Engaging with followers and encourage interactions
- Taking photos, creating graphics and video content to be used across social media
- Contributing insights into social media channels and website activity
- Being responsive to other relevant organisations and current events and trends, creating a network and boosting our profile
- Assisting with other marketing and communications tasks as required
How you’ll be helping
In order for us to do what we do effectively, we need to get the word out! Our social media volunteers keep our social media platform active and engaging. Using your skills and creative ideas you will be changing attitudes, and helping to end the marginalisation of adults with learning difficulties, autism and disabilities.
You will also be helping us generate awareness of Zetetick Housing’s work and the life-changing possibilities of our supported living model. By reaching a wider audience on social media we can create new partnerships and expand our service to support more people. With your help, we can do more.
What skills you can bring
We are interested to hear from you if you have some experience of social media (even if just with personal accounts) or of writing copy. The following skills will also be an asset:
- Ability to interact with people on social media
- Knowledge of how to build followers and increase engagement
- Basic design ability to create images for social posts
- Research skills
- Written communication skills
What you will gain
If you are looking to gain skills for your professional career you can expect to gain:
- Knowledge of the inner workings of a housing charity
- Experience of executing a social media strategy for a charity
- Confidence to bring new ideas to the table
- Office experience
- Experience of social media marketing and management software tools
- Portfolio of articles published online accredited with your name
This can also be a great stepping stone if you are working towards a career in the charity sector or in marketing and communications. Zetetick Housing will work with you to ensure that your time with us benefits you as well as us.
Whatever stage you are at in your life, you will benefit from the personal satisfaction of helping to make a difference. By volunteering with Zetetick Housing you will be raising awareness about the housing situation for people with learning difficulties and supporting Zetetick Housing’s work to change this, empower choice, and deliver dignity.
If you are interested click here to become one of our social media volunteers, we’d love to hear from you.
If you would like to offer your time but are not keen on a social media role please do get in touch as we have other roles that you may prefer.
If you are short on time but would like to support Zetetick’s charity work, you can donate to our fundraisers here.
Follow our social media accounts below to stay informed about housing news, get updates about our work and be part of our community.
Zetetick Housing is a housing charity offering exempt provision of specified housing, for people with learning difficulties, associated disabilities, autism and mental health issues. As one of our social media volunteers, you can help us make a better world.